618 E Commercial Ave.
Lowell, IN 46356
CMO SEO Content Creator Web Developer eComm Sites Operator
Dates Employed June 2005 – Presently Employed
- I put horsepower in shopping carts
- 18 years experience in building, hosting and operating eCommerce websites.
- Open source disciple and your advocate – freeing you from the shackles of hosted platforms controlling your money and data.
Skilled in all aspects of development in
- Miva Merchant
- Presta Shop
Selling on (via cross-posting)
- Facebook marketplace
- Our retail store
- Commercial property leasing
- Content creation
- Copyrights and creative commons
- Email marketing
- Image editing
- Package distribution
- Payment processing
- Product fulfillment
- SEO (keywords, meta, schema, sitemaps)
- Social Media Marketing
- Taxes (sales and corporate)
- Video production
- Website migration
My skill set includes not only the design and creation of e-commerce sites but also the operation of said sites.
Thus I am able to look at existing sites holistically having been a position to take money ship orders, dropship and deal with processes like taxes, licenses, and insurance
SCORE Volunteer Mentor at SCORE Mentors
Dates Employed Nov 2019 – Presently Employed
Specialize in counseling small business eCommerce start-ups.
Avian Blogger & Global Influencer for Windy City Parrot, Inc
Company Windy City Parrot, Inc.
Dates Employed Oct 2003 – Presently Employed
Working with my partner (& wife) Catherine Tobsing I engage in customer acquisition (internet marketing) and accounting.
- Catherine handles customer retention (order fulfillment & customer service)
- Professional problem solver.
- We’ve used almost 300 vendors over the years to maintain relevance for our pet bird niche website www.WindyCityParrot.com
- Currently Webmaster, CMO, SEO, CMO, CFO.
Oct 2002 – 2003 employment gap
One year working for 2 – Chicago area retail mattress firms – Mattress Giant & Mattress Outlet while reorganizing life after ending a 25-year long marriage.
Just needed to pay the bills.
Company Sullivan & Associates
Dates Employed Jun 1998 – Oct 2002 Employment Duration 4 yrs 5 mos
A rep for 15 brand name food service lines –
- Libbey Glass
- Syracuse China
- World Tableware
- Prince Castle
- L&B Furniture
- Other lines foodservice lines
Specialized in Dinex healthcare foodservice. Calling on all hospitals & nursing homes in Illinois evaluating and improving heat retention and speed of tray line service
Company Sidex Home Improvements
Dates Employed Jun 1989 – Jun 1998 Employment Duration 9 yrs 1 mo
- Partner in home improvement company specializing in windows & siding
- Sales of kitchen and bath remodels
- Design/build of room additions
Distributor Sales Rep
Company Edward Don & Company
Dates Employed Apr 1983 – Jun 1989 Employment Duration 6 yrs 3 mos
- B2B sales of foodservice equipment and supplies
- Took territory from annual sales of $178,000 to $1,000,000 in 48 months
- Only 12 (out of more than 120) reps sold $1 million plus in 1987
Company Excel, Inc
Dates Employed Jan 1975 – Apr 1983 Employment Duration 8 yrs 4 mos
- Supervising groups of 3 – 6 Sizzler Steak Houses for franchisee operating 11 units.
- Responsible for profitability, staff and property management
- Acted as general contractor on the construction and/or remodeling of all units.
Ops Director (First job out of high school – family business)
Company NormAir International
Dates Employed Jan 1970 – Dec 1974 Employment Duration 5 yrs
- Small aircraft prep for sale and export.
- Small aircraft repossession.